Thursday, October 18, 2012

Into the Light

I am weary of being trapped in a dark place of seemingly no escape. I can see the light I am promised on the other side, like a faint glimmer, hope dances before my eyes. So long I have pushed it away, wallowing in the drama of it all.
But not today. My heart takes hold of the familiar. For the first time in a long time, I am secure, and filled with peace. I used to know Him like this, and now I am before Him again, reminded of who I am and why.
I am royalty, why have I not lived like it? I am chosen, why have I thought I was rejected? I am loved, beyond anything I could imagine, why did I think I was alone?
I am still healing. There will be times ahead of me where I'll be there again, the darkness surrounding me. But never again trapped. I am victor, in Christ's name, and today I choose the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment