Thursday, August 30, 2012

Bends in the Road

The sunlight drenches the countryside in a blanket of warmth. Another curve. I release my foot and let the wheel glide between my fingers. "You can take this one a little faster," my father urges. I shake my head. "I don't like not seeing what's ahead--you know the curves on hills..." I let it go. But it didn't leave my mind.

Later I sit on the edge of my bed. I inhale and the pain cuts deep. I don't like seeing what's not ahead.
So I stress and become anxious. It scares me to not know what's ahead. I have plans for my life. I want to do what I want to do and have nothing interfere with that. And when something does, I am hurt or confused. I cannot see why I can't just have my way on something...anything.

But I can not have my own way. Deep down the words startle. Yet there's a certain sense of comfort. My life is not my own. I do not have to stress or worry about my life, what's ahead. Because I can choose to trust my unknown future to a known God. Choose life abundantly, filled with joy, not worry. He knows all things, and I do not. Why worry about what I do not know, when I can trust One I do know?

The moonlight drenches the countryside in a blanket of light amidst the darkness. Another curve. I release myself and choose to trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment