Friday, September 21, 2012

And So The Rain Falls

The rain quietly falls. It's constant dripping relaxes and refreshes the soul. Somehow it felt wonderful. To sit there by the fireside, listening to the rainsong, with tea in hand. I am calm.
Be still and know I am God.
This was one time it was easy to know God. Distractions were eliminated and all was quiet, as I stood humbly before God.
Soon, however, I will return to the normal life. I know there will be confusion, chaos and even hurt. I know it won't stay like this forever. How can it? Life must go on, despite the ache in my heart. I had been here before. Wanting to never leave this feeling. But a moment is fleeting.
It will be alright, somehow. Even in the rain--a quiet falling or a raging storm--there is a peace to be found and grasped. It's our promise from the Promise Keeper.
My eyes turn again to the old, stained glass windows. And the rain falls.

1 comment:

  1. Kaitlan! I love your style. Such beautiful writing. Don't stop sharing things like this.

    ReplyDelete