Thursday, August 23, 2012

This Pressing--Part I

The night is dark.
My restless heart struggles with questions left unanswered. The melody fills the the space near me. Press into Me...
The words somehow find my soul.
And my heart skips a beat.
Press into Me. A sacred invitation.
God was inviting me to be intimate with Him. To seek Him for answers I do not posses.
A tear slides down my cheek as I kneel. Quietly I say yes to His wooing; to His love. I am silent in His presence, the awe filling the void within me.
And then I press...worship....seek.
It is not a selfish rant of "why's" any longer, but an outpouring of gratitude for who He is and what He has done. I strive to find His face, to find the holy among the shattered pieces of my heart.
And so I do. It's beautiful--this mess--because it forces me to seek, to press deeper and find a treasure I would never have in the ordinary. The treasure of knowing God is faithful. That He holds you when you cry and loves you through the hurt.
Because the moments you do not understand turn out to be the best as you learn to press into God for the answers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment