Saturday, September 22, 2012

A Life Well Lived

I stand numb. No tears came. I am reminded of an eerily similar story some four months back.
She's gone.
I knew it was coming. Unlike before, there was warning. But it didn't take away the sting.
I turn my attention back to the awaiting dishes, and the tears came then, falling into the dishwater. I scrub, wishing to scrub the pain in my heart away.
But I cannot. It is real. She is gone. And yet, it is hard to be bitter. Her heart remained calm until the end. A peace, a joy about her I so often wished I could posess myself. Because of this, it was almost natural to consider it a joy. Oh, the pain still stabbed, but there was a hope, a true joy in knowing her heart.
To know her Savior. To live for Him. To glory in Him. To shine for Him. To teach others to do the same. This was her heart. And she lived it. Faithfully.
Now, she was gone, but her legacy still lives. Her God still lives.
He is calling me to be faithful. And so I shall.

No comments:

Post a Comment